You get zapped when plugging items into a certain outlet. Or maybe you’ve noticed lights in one or more of the rooms in your home are flickering a lot. Whatever the source, you have noticed something that seems off with your home’s electrical system—specifically with your wiring.
Before you head to the local hardware store to try a DIY solution, we’d like to let you know that we have a trained professional electrician in Durham, NC who can help you. Not only can they identify the source of the issue, but they can get it fixed too! Let us help you get a solution that will fix the issue without adding more complications down the road.
Is Something Up With My Home’s Wiring?
You know something is wrong and you are pretty sure the issue lies with your wiring, but you aren’t 100% certain. Here are some warning signs to help you figure out if you need to contact our electrician for wiring services or for something else:
- You notice burnt or scorched outlets: Burnt outlets aren’t a normal occurrence. If you have outlets with burn marks or even outlets that are warm to the touch it means you may have a wiring issue.
- There are frequently tripped circuit breakers: Tripped circuit breakers are a normal thing, but they shouldn’t be frequent. If you have one or two circuits that are tripping often, have an electrician check them out.
- You see smoke: Is there smoke coming from an outlet or somewhere else that holds electrical wiring? If so, this is a sure sign something is wrong with your home’s wires!
- The lights keep flickering: Do your lights flicker when you run the microwave or plug in your phone? If so, don’t brush it off. This can be a sign something is wrong with the wiring in that part of the home.
Why Leave Your Wiring in the Hands of an Electrician
Okay, so chances are that by now you are pretty sure something is wrong with the wiring in your home. The sooner you get it taken care of, the better for you and your home’s electrical system. But like we said before, it is best to leave this to a professional electrician. If you’re wondering why you can’t just try to DIY your way through it, we’ve got an answer for you:
- A professional electrician knows the appropriate codes to meet and how to meet them.
- Trained pros know how to get the job done safely
- An electrician is going to have the knowledge and tools needed to get the issue identified and resolved without a hassle.
Do you need an electrician to help address some electrical issues in your home? If so, make sure you reach out to our team for help. We’ve been providing quality service to residents in and around Raleigh since 2013.
When you need help with your home systems, come to the Heating, Cooling, & Electrical Experts. Contact Sloan Service Company, Inc. to schedule an appointment.