You come home one day and your home is cold and uncomfortable. It is never fun to realize that something is wrong with your heating system. Not to make matters worse, but you have an extra question on your hands when this happens. Is the problem actually with your heating system … or is it with your thermostat?
It is a good question to ask because the answer can determine whether you need to contact us for a thermostat upgrade or a heating repair in Clayton, NC. It can be tough to tell which issue you are dealing with. That’s something our team can help with. The professionals at Sloan Service Company, Inc. can determine what the cause of your comfort trouble is so you can get a solution in short order.
How to Tell Your Problem Is in Your Heater
Let’s start with the big one: heater troubles. If your heater is struggling, the sooner you get it repaired properly, the better off your home comfort will be. Here are some indicators you do need heating system repairs:
- You notice the airflow from your vents and/or air handler is weak. Poor airflow from your heater may be due to a clogged filter, a fan problem, or leaking ductwork.
- The heater is making strange noises. If your heater sounds off, it probably is. Contact us if you hear noises like rattling, hissing, banging, or screeching.
- The air in your home is drier than normal. Dry air can be a sign of a heater that is malfunctioning and pulling too much moisture out of the air in your home.
Signs the Problem Is With Your Thermostat
Sometimes the source of your heating trouble is with your thermostat rather than your heater. Here’s how to tell you need to talk to a technician about repairing or upgrading your thermostat:
- The thermostat doesn’t respond to you when you turn it on. You go to turn on your heater, but the thermostat doesn’t respond at all. This is bad news.
- The thermostat has a delayed response. Maybe your thermostat just seems to take a while to respond when you are trying to adjust the temperature. This is another sign of trouble.
- It never seems to detect the temperature properly. Does the house always feel too warm or too cold? This is likely due to a thermostat that can’t detect temperatures properly.
- Your thermostat is older than both your heater and AC unit. If you have upgraded one or both of your comfort systems but didn’t upgrade your thermostat with one of them, it is time to retire your old unit.
At the end of the day, you need a reliable resource for your heater repairs, thermostat repairs, and any other HVAC services. Our team can be your go-to resource. We have been serving the Raleigh area since 2013 and our team works hard to keep residents comfortable 365 days a year.
Contact the technicians at Sloan Service Company, Inc. for the services you need. We are your Heating, Cooling, & Electrical Experts.