When there is a problem with your heat pump in summer, you want to get it fixed ASAP because no Raleigh home should go without cool air. Likewise, if there is a problem with your heat pump in the fall or winter, you need to reach out for heating repair in Raleigh, NC too. Your heat pump offers all the comfort you need when it is working right, so we are happy to say Sloan Service Company, Inc. is your one-stop-shop for all your heat pump services too.
So now that you know where to go for your heat pump repairs, we want to help you learn when the time comes to reach out for those services.
5 Warning Signs That Your Heat Pump Needs Repairs
Heat pumps need professional services just like any other heating system. Here are five of the most important warning signs to know that will tell you it’s time to call for repairs. If you pick up on one or more of these indicators, make sure you schedule service ASAP.
- Poor airflow: Your heat pump should provide a strong, steady flow of air into your home. If you notice that your heat pump’s airflow seems weaker than normal or it is barely there, it can mean that there is a problem with the system.
- Shortened cycles: Short cycling is a big issue if it shows up in your heat pump. This occurs when the usual heating cycle is interrupted or stopped early for any reason. When your heat pump starts to short cycle it is terrible for the system, so the sooner it is taken care of the better.
- Odd sounds: Heat pumps are great HVAC systems for a lot of reasons, including the fact that they run quietly. That is why, when your heat pump starts to make new noises, it is never a good sign. Watch out for sounds like hissing, rattling, buzzing, and screeching.
- Dusty air: When there is warm air pumping into your home, you shouldn’t be able to see it. Have you noticed that the air coming from your heat pump is dusty? If so, it may mean you need a new filter or your ductwork needs to be checked.
- No warmth: Last but certainly not least, a heat pump that can’t provide its usual full range of comfort is one that needs help. If your heat pump is stuck in cooling mode or if it simply can’t provide any warmth, it means it needs repairs from a professional.
Heat pumps can be incredibly reliable, effective, and energy-efficient—but only if you make sure they get the proper care they need. That requires the skill of a trained professional, like the ones you’ll find at Sloan Service Company, Inc. Every technician on our team is NATE-certified and well-versed in providing quality service for a variety of systems, heat pumps included.
When you need heat pump repairs, or any other heat pump service, contact us. We are the Heating, Cooling & Electrical Experts of Raleigh.