Running your air conditioner to cool down the home shouldn’t cause noises that are so loud you can’t hear yourself think. In fact, many modern air conditioning systems are able to run without making much noise at all. While some models may make a certain amount of noise, such as a hefty whoosh of air or a small amount of clicking during start-up, there are plenty of sounds that should serve as a warning of trouble.
We want to give you some input on what the sounds are that your system may create which are a warning that you need AC repair in Garner, NC. What’s more, if you pick up on any of these sounds, please make sure to reach out to Sloan Service Company, Inc. to schedule those repairs.
5 Warning Sounds From Your AC System
When it comes to keeping your air conditioner in good shape, it helps to know which sounds spell trouble for your system. Keep your ears peel for these noises that indicate trouble.
- Rattling: When you hear rattling from your air conditioner, it is likely to be caused by loose parts such as bolts and screws in your system rattling in their housing during the cooling process. If repairs aren’t taken care of soon enough, one of these parts may pop loose and cause extra damage to your AC.
- Screeching or screaming: These sounds are going to be harder to ignore which is good because you want to address them quickly. Screaming or screeching could indicate issues such as a worn-out motor belt or fan blades that are scraping around within their housing.
- Hissing: Does it sound like your system is hissing at you? This sound isn’t the same as that whoosh of air. It is a sound that means trouble due to a clogged air filter or even a refrigerant leak.
- Humming or buzzing: Maybe the noise that your system is emitting is a humming or buzzing sound. This is likely going to be one that you can guess the cause of: electrical problems. This can be a subtle sound but it shouldn’t be ignored either way.
- Continuous clicking: A little bit of clicking at the beginning of your unit’s cooling cycle is normal. However, if that clicking continues throughout the entire cooling cycle, it signals trouble within your system.
We Provide Air Conditioner Repairs
When it comes to addressing any possible air conditioner repairs, you should reach out to the technicians at Sloan Service Company, Inc. for service. We can provide effective repairs that are performed in a timely manner. That means we get the job done quickly so you can get back to enjoying a cool and comfortable home again.
Our team of professionals works hard to keep Raleigh area homeowners comfortable 365 days a year. Whether the problem is a dirty air filter, a refrigerant leak, a broken fan, or anything else, you can trust us to take care of it.
Contact Sloan Service Company, Inc. for the services you need. We are the Heating, Cooling, & Electrical Experts