We may be starting to see a bit more of the sun lately here in Raleigh, but that doesn’t mean we are anywhere near it being warm enough to start using the air conditioning system. This is one of the many reasons we are bringing this unit up though–because what better time to get major work done on your cooler than when you don’t need it?
We want to make sure that you are fully ready for the heat of summer so if your AC barely made it through that last season of heat and humidity, you likely need to consider a replacement system before your current unit breaks down in the middle of July.
Let us dive in a little deeper on why it is a great time to schedule an air conditioning replacement in Raleigh, NC now, before the heat kicks in.
Do You Need a New AC?
First things first: do you need an air conditioning system replacement? While an upgrade is a great idea, you don’t want to replace your unit if it isn’t time to yet. Here are some signs that the time has come for a new unit:
- Your AC is over 15 years old. Air conditioners are built run efficiently for around 10 to 15 years. While a well-maintained system should run for 15 years or a little more, once that 15-year mark is hit it is a good idea to plan for a replacement with a more efficient unit.
- Your system requires frequent and expensive repairs. If your AC requires frequent repairs (once a year or more), it means you should consider a replacement. Similarly, if those repairs cost the equivalent of half the cost or more for a new system, it is better to just opt for a new system.
- Your AC still uses R-22 refrigerant. R-22 refrigerant is no longer in production. This means that if your system still utilizes it, refrigerant recharges will become more expensive until they are no longer an option. Consider an upgrade in the near future to get ahead of the curve so you aren’t having to decide between a pricey recharge or a replacement during the summer heat.
Why Do It Now?
Once you’ve determined that it is a good idea for you to look into a replacement for your cooling unit, the next question becomes why you should do it now. There are several reasons that it is a great idea to get a head start on your air conditioner upgrade including:
- Easier scheduling: Because it is the “off” season in terms of cooling services, there won’t be as many people trying to schedule appointments for their AC. This makes it that much easier for you to schedule your replacement so that it fits with your calendar.
- Less stress: Replacing your air conditioning system before the weather starts to warm up means you get more time to consider your choices to make sure you are choosing the option that fits your needs best.
The next time you need air conditioning system services you can rely on, contact Sloan Service Company, Inc. We are the Heating, Cooling, & Electrical Experts of Raleigh, NC.